- Official government approved trainer for Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol SITHFAB002 0nline RTO#45332
- Money back guarantee*
- It takes just 2 minutes to begin then complete the course at your own pace over a maximum of 4 weeks.
- Start now and receive your RSA statement of attainment today** you can be qualified to work tonight.
- Valid in the ACT, QLD, NT, TAS, and WA (see other online courses for NSW and Vic)
- Online learning and assessment – start and stop as you please
- Delivery combines online learning and assessment with practical demonstration of skills via video from a suitable simulated environment.
- RSA online single fee – No additional fees and charges
- Fully qualified RSA trainers are available during business hours.
- True to life fully interactive simulations for you to practice refusal of service to a range of customers.
- Please read our student guide (PDF, 745 KB) or more about your rights
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to responsibly sell or serve alcohol.
Application of the Unit
Responsible practices must be undertaken wherever alcohol is served or sold, including where alcohol samples are served during on-site product tastings. This unit, therefore, applies to any workplace where alcohol is served or sold, including all types of hospitality venues, retail liquor outlets and wineries, breweries and distilleries.
This unit applies to all levels of sales personnel involved in the sale, service and promotional service of alcohol in licensed premises. Those selling or serving alcohol may include food and beverage attendants; retail liquor salespersons; winery, brewery and distillery cellar door staff and supplier sales representatives. It also applies to security staff who monitor customer behaviour and to the licensee who is ultimately responsible for RSA management.
What you will learn
Between 6-8 hours of engaging online content and demonstration of skills with a work place assessment and an additional supplementary reading there is plenty of opportunity in this course for you to understand how to:
- Legally sell, serve and promote alcohol
- Measure standard drinks and advise patrons
- Assess and monitor the levels of intoxication of patrons
- Sell or serve alcohol responsibly
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assess alcohol-affected customers and identify customers to whom sale or service must be refused
- Refuse to provide alcohol to intoxicated patrons
- Detect and prevent underage drinking
A statement of attainment for the nationally recognised unit of competency
- SITHFAB002 – Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol
This Qualification will be Valid in the Following States
- Northern Territory
- Western Australia
- Australian Capital Territory
- Tasmania (excluding licences)
Achievement of this unit provides credit towards qualifications in tourism, travel, hospitality, events, holiday parks and resorts in the SIT Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package.
Roles and Quality Assurance
5 Star Online Training RTO#45332 is responsible for the quality of the training and assessment that you will receive. As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) we must:
- Provide quality training and assessment - More details
- Comply with the Standards for RTOs 2015 – More details
- Issue AQF certification – More details
- Click here for more information regarding your consumer rights.
Before purchase please review this additional Information
Please review the following documents:
How will you be assessed?
This RSA training combines online learning and assessment plus video demonstration of skills in a physical simulated environment. The online component of the RSA training is broken into several topics or sections. At the end of each section you will have to pass a check your progress quiz, after which a formal assessment will be presented and you will be required to answer all questions correctly online. If you get a question wrong you will be directed to review the course material after which you may reattempt the question. If you give the wrong answer another two times you will be locked out of the quiz, at which point you will need to contact a qualified trainer for assistance. Case studies and a simulated bar environment require you to implement what you have learned in typical online practical scenarios. In addition, you will be required to create a suitable simulated environment for filming your practical demonstration of skills video assessment.
Your formal assessment activities have been mapped back to the Unit of Competency SITHFAB002 – Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol. This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to responsibly sell or serve alcohol and to satisfy the requirements for responsible sale and service of alcohol under state or territory legislation.
You will have 0.9 – 2.9 hrs of assessment across the following types of assessment:
Online Written Assessments:
- Section 01 Why Serve Alcohol Responsibly
- Section 02 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Section 03 Minors
- Section 04 Unduly Intoxicated and Disorderly Patrons
- Section 05 Responsible Hospitality
- Section 06 Other Issues
- SIMBAR Assessment
Interactive Simulations and Video Assessments:
- SIMBAR Preparing and Serving Standard Drinks
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Interactive Simulation
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Webcam Recording – Refusal of Service – Offering Food
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Webcam Recording – Refusal of Service – Emotional Distress
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Webcam Recording – Service – Illicit Substances – Refusal of Service
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Webcam Recording – Service – Illicit Substances – Warning
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Webcam Recording – Service – Illicit Substances – Call Security
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Webcam Recording – Using Measures
As a registered training organisation we must: